The Bennett Center
The Bennett Center of London is the newest ministry of the Red Bird Missionary Conference and is
a project related to Red Bird Missionary Conference, Union College, the General Board of Global
Ministries, and the people of London-Laurel County.|
The Bennett Center is located on the former campus of Sue Bennett College (London, Kentucky),
which was a Methodist college for over a hundred years.
The Bennett Center is a resource available to the entire community. It is a place where people
can come for learning, fellowship, personal growth opportunities, and help in time of need.
The Bennett Center actively promotes ecumenical participation from the broader Christian community.
There are presently 6 community-based partners providing programs such as degree completion and
graduate classes, preschool education and childcare, job training programs, adult literacy
and GED training.
From the beginning, it has been the aim of The Bennett Center to engage in ministry that
enhances the work of community churches and agencies and not to compete. Five areas of
ministry have been initially identified as areas of concentration for The Bennett Center,
that compliment existing community ministries:
• Family Ministries - specific programs to help families in time of need
• Non-Profit Incubator - practical support to non-profit groups organized to address community needs
• Volunteer Programs - programs to convert the motivation and enthusiasm of volunteers into practical
results for the benefit of the community
• Prison Ministry - programs to work with those who are or were incarcerated and their families
• Center for the Arts - programs to expand cultural opportunities for person of all ages
For more information visit
The Bennett Center's website.